Go Feis - The Irish Dance Blog by Kathleen O’Reilly-Wild
Countdown to "Ireland -The Show" - red carpet premiere
Posted on Saturday, July 16, 2011 at 09:51 PM
- Songs for the 1st – 2nd September Irish Dancing Competitions - VIDEOS
- Songs for the 25th – 26th August Irish Dancing Competitions – VIDEOS
- Songs for the 18th – 19th August Irish Dancing Competitions – VIDEOS
- Songs for the 11th – 12th August Irish Dancing Competitions – VIDEOS
- Championship training for Irish dancers - tips from teachers on Oireachtas Part 1
Feis America caught up with one of the show's World Champion stars, Owen Barrington, for an interview which we published in the July/August issue. Here's a peak at what's to come tomorrow and Monday...
Feis America: What makes Ireland-The Show different from any other dance show?
Owen Barrington: The thing that makes Ireland-The Show special from most other shows is that we perform 100% completely live. Most big professional Irish dance shows today use a "click track" in which the taps are pre-recorded and the dancers dance on top of that. Dancing every night, completely live, without the assistance of pre-recorded taps, raises the level of difficulty because you must be spot-on every single show, there's no other way around it. The benefits of dancing live though are a more genuine show and it gives us the freedom to change steps around at a moment's notice if we feel it's necessary.
Read the full interview in the July/August issue of Feis America Magazine. Subscribe online at www.feisamerica.com and get all the Irish dancing news you can handle delivered directly to your mailbox!