Adult Irish Dancing by Christy Dorrity
Feispants provides a custom fit for men and boys
Posted on Wednesday, August 17, 2011 at 01:00 AM
- Irish dance diet - Summer is the perfect time to be healthy
- Irish dance school in Utah hosts the first WIDA open Irish dance competition in North America - PHOTOS
- Irish dance diet six months in, practice pays off - PHOTO
- Exclusive interview with dance performance group Fusion Fighters who combine Irish, tap, African gumboot, and hip hop - VIDEO
- Irish dance diet - five non-scale ways to find victory - PHOTO
'Reel men wear Feispants'
When Christine Nicholas couldn't find affordable pants that fit her Irish dancing son, she custom sewed some for him. Soon other parents at her son's dance school, Drake School of Irish Dance in Georgia, began asking Christine to sew pants for their sons. Word traveled and the demand for flat-front feis pants prompted Christine to start her own online business, Feispants.
"They look great on stage," Christine says."When a dancer is on the world stage and his pants are baggy and ill-fitting, it detracts from the whole thing."
*photos courtesy of www.feispants.com
The pants are made from a heavier cotton/lycra material and feature a flat front with no pockets. When dancers kick, the pants stretch. Each pair of pants is custom made to the dancer.
Christine loves seeing dancers excel in her custom made Feispants. "I don't always get to meet my clients, but it's always exciting to see someone doing well. I might say, 'my pants just recalled' or 'my pants are onstage'."
Adult dancers will be glad to know that Christine will custom make pants for men and boys.
For North America's favorite Irish dancing magazine delivered directly to your mailbox, subscribe now!