Adult Irish Dancing by Christy Dorrity
Clerkin Dagger's antidote to Riverdance arrives in New York
Posted on Wednesday, August 10, 2011 at 01:00 AM
- Irish dance goes global, The Israeli Academy of Irish Dance (PHOTOS)
- A year of the Irish dance diet, reaching goals and beautiful rewards
- Irish dance diet - Harvesting the fruits of your labors
- Irish dance shoes giveaway by debut Celtic fantasy author
- Irish dance is expanding at The Carey Academy in Russia (PHOTOS)
The Bad Arm - Confessions of a Dodgy Irish Dancer will be performing at the Bowery Poetry Club, 308 Bowery, New York, NY 10012 as part of the New York International Fringe Festival, 13, 14, 17th, 18th & 20th August.
The one-woman show, written and performed by Maire Clerkin and directed by Dan O'Connor has toured in Chicago, Dublin and Los Angeles.
Clerkin describes the autobiographical dance-play as an antidote to Riverdance. She wants to show a side of Irish dance that the public rarely sees. "Raw rhythms, tall tales and arse-clenching comedy - but no glitz whatsoever; hence its description as the antidote to 'Riverdance'."
For more information, visit maireclerkin.com.
For North America's favorite Irish dancing magazine delivered directly to your mailbox, subscribe now!