Adult Irish Dancingby Christy Dorrity
- Irish dance diet six months in, practice pays off - PHOTO
- Exclusive interview with dance performance group Fusion Fighters who combine Irish, tap, African gumboot, and hip hop - VIDEO
- Irish dance diet - five non-scale ways to find victory - PHOTO
- Taipei Irish dance academy hosts the first open feis in Asia - PHOTOS
- Irish dance diet - The three levels of performance
When I talk to other adult Irish dancers, I often find that they feel isolated. While you may be the only adult dancer in your area, there are thousands more who lace up their hard shoes and pound the floor with seasoned feet. If you are an adult Irish dancer (any level or age) or know of an Irish dancer that would like to be spotlighted, please send an email to christy at dorrity dot net.
Welcome to Andria Beauvais from Celtic Steps in Colorado. Thank you for taking the time to do an interview for our adult Irish dancers.
The Irish dance club at Villanova University in Pennsylvania provides opportunities for all college students of all levels. There are classes for the greenest beginner, and a course of study for those who desire to continue competing while in their collegiate years.
My husband and I have five sons and a daughter and they all take Irish dance lessons. As a family, we love to travel to feiseanna together to cheer on our three boys who are old enough to compete.
People tell us how lucky we are that we don’t have to spend the money on the many trappings of the girl’s costumes. Having boys in Irish dance is easier in a lot of ways, and yet I find myself counting the years until my daughter competes.