Gaelic Girl Caelaby Gaelic Girl Caela
- Slobbering Irish drunks in nightclubs a huge turn off -- Stick to pubs not nightclubs
- Playing Emerald Isle Bingo - revisiting my favorite Irish tourist attractions
- "Limerick’s Best Kept Secret" - 50 food and craft vendors at the Milk Market
- “It’s not what you had in mind, but what you find!” - getting to know the poet Ciaran Carson
- Navigating the world of Irish food as an American - sampling the famous black pudding
I guess what I’m trying to get at by giving you this example is, ever since I first stepped foot into the Milk Market, I was hooked. There is no place that you will find food of better quality, taste, and price in the city, or people with friendlier dispositions. The Milk Market truly is “Limerick’s Best Kept Secret”: a secret I couldn’t help but share with all of you.
But Ciaran Carson didn’t stop surprising me there either…Carson decided to join a group of us, his audience, at the home of my poetry instructor, Professor Margaret Mills Harper, for food, music, and dancing after the reading. That’s right everyone, I got to listen to, sing songs for, and dance with Ciaran Carson. Close to the end of the gathering, Professor Harper told me that there are some moments, whether they be minutes, hours, or days, that you remember for the rest of your life as being truly unforgettable…For me, my night with “Ciaran Carson” was undoubtedly one such moment.