Unateresa's Eye on Irish Dance by Unateresa Sheahan Gormley
Darrah Carr Dance - James Shipp's Nós Novo
Posted on Saturday, November 13, 2010 at 02:03 AM
- Paige Ann Turilli heading to Dublin Irish Dance World Championship 2011
- Those Dancin' Feet : Fidget Feet's Irish Aerial Dance Fest in Letterkenny Co. Donegal
- A sneak preview of Michael Londra's "Beyond Celtic" - VIDEO
- Call for applications - Roses, escorts, junior roses and rose buds for the Big Apple Rose of Tralee
- St Patricks Day 2011 Flashmob. Central Station, Sydney, Australia
At first glance, Irish and modern dance seem worlds apart. Irish dancers, taught to maintain an upright posture and stick-straight arms, rarely find themselves practicingcontractions and tilts. However, if you catch Darrah Carr Dance's upcoming NYC season,you might see Irish dancers doing just that!
Carr bridges the gap between the two genres with her signature "ModERIN" style. Made up of dancers with a diverse array of backgrounds, the company performs everything from edgy ModERIN fusion pieces to traditional Irish duets.
Darrah Carr Dance www.darrahcarrdance.com