Off The Record by Mike Farragher
Sinead O’Connor to pay tribute to Curtis Mayfield in New York City
Posted on Saturday, July 07, 2012 at 11:02 AM
- A thrilling good time with The Alarm in Asbury Park
- Paul McCartney back and better than ever at Brooklyn’s Barclays Center - VIDEO
- Moya Brennan and Cormac De Barra has a great “Affinity”
- No more room for the Irish mother’s wooden spoon - parenting has changed since our day
- Sound the alarm - Big Country is back with “The Journey” - VIDEO
O’Connor has called Mayfield “my absolute musical hero, along with Dylan and Marley.” She cites his album There’s No Place Like America Today as one of her all-time favorites, and recorded his song “We Who are Darker Than Blue.”
Ms. O has cancelled a number of shows behind her criminally ignored album earlier this year, How About I Be Me (And You Be You)? but to see these other artists on the bill for tickets that start at $35 is still a bargain even if she is a no-show.
For more information call 212-721-6500 or visit http://lincolncenterfestival.org/index.php/2012-curtis-mayfield.