Off The Record by Mike Farragher
Sinead O’Connor to launch her “American Kindness Tour” in NYC
Posted on Friday, August 30, 2013 at 08:59 AM
- Singer Jake Bugg’s new album brings us to paradise by way of Memphis
- Pierce Turner returns to US for New York, Philadelphia concerts
- The Celtic Tenors Christmas CD lends an Irish vibe to the sounds of the season
- A year after the tragic loss of lead singer, Mickey Finns rise again
- Back to Boston for Colm O’Brien (VIDEO)
Pollstar reports that Sinead O’Connor will launch an “American Kindness Tour,” following a pair of successful shows at New York City’s Lincoln Center Festival July 26-27.
Her latest album, How About I Be Me (and You Be You)? was released in February 2012. O’Connor’s upcoming tour features multiple gigs in New York City and Oakville, Ontario, as well as three stops in Chicago. With no new album to sell, it’s anyone’s guess what she will do.
According to The New York Times review of her Lincoln Center show, O’Connor performed an eclectic mix of spiritual songs that included a pair of Bob Dylan songs from his born-again period, “I Believe in You” and “Property of Jesus,” as well as an a cappella read of “Before We End Our Day,” a short evening prayer she’d learned from Irish monks.
Could the “kindness” come in the form of inspiration from a pulpit?
She’ll be at the City Winery in New York on November 8, 9 and 19, and the same venue in Chicago on November 4, 5 and 6.