Julie Feeney’s New York debut - SEE VIDEO
- An open letter to the Catholic League on rant against David Bowie video “The Next Day” - VIDEO
- All-star benefit for great Irish musician Mickey Finns’ Ray Kelly who died tragically
- Amen to Rend Collective Experiment - VIDEO
- Finally some new U2 music from Bono and the boys?
- The Jersey Shore is back after Hurricane Sandy - The Irish Festival kicks off
Galway girl Julie Feeney will make her New York debut headline show at Joe's Pub on March 9 (www.joespub.org.)
Using an orchestra that includes trumpets, French horns, bassoons, violins, and a whole bunch of other instruments, the result sounds like the illegitimate child of Eleanor Rigby and the Mad Hatter from Alice in Wonderland.
She tells woozy tales over dreamy soundscapes that create another world of music that is unlike anything you’ve heard before, and this reviewer is completely hooked!
“Roving Guy found a girl that every other roving guy would look at,” she sings bitingly on “Roving Guy,” displaying a sarcastic skunk in an orchestral garden party.
A gal with this warped view of the world can be counted on to create an evening of performance art and classical-tinged song; think Lady Gaga without the meat dress.
In some of her YouTube videos, she wears a head piece which represents her album artwork in the form of a house, and also her pages dress, hand-stitched from the actual pages of her own orchestral pages score.
You’re not gonna want to miss this one!