Off The Record by Mike Farragher
Glen Hansard returns with 'For the Birds'
Posted on Friday, January 28, 2011 at 06:38 AM
- Friends and fans hold an Irish wake for Mickey Finns’ front man Ray Kelly
- An open letter to the Catholic League on rant against David Bowie video “The Next Day” - VIDEO
- All-star benefit for great Irish musician Mickey Finns’ Ray Kelly who died tragically
- Amen to Rend Collective Experiment - VIDEO
- Finally some new U2 music from Bono and the boys?
Glen Hansard has been a busy boy lately. The Frames frontman strummed alongside Bono as he sang “Make Me a Channel of Your Peace” at the Sargent Shriver funeral Mass over the weekend.
Now comes word that his band will reunite to play their classic 2001 album For the Birds in its entirety on March 30 at the Vicar Street venue in Dublin.
Mainly recorded in Steve Albini’s Electrical Audio studio in Chicago, its numerous highlights include “In the Deep Shade,” “Lay Me Down” and – swoon – ‘”What Happens When the Heart Just Stops.”
This reporter named this album as one of the best things to come out of Ireland in the last decade, so you know I will be on the lookout for cheap airfares fares. This concert is shaping up to be one for the ages!