Off The Record by Mike Farragher
Dropkick Murphys raised $65,000 in 15 hours for Boston bombing victims
Posted on Monday, April 29, 2013 at 08:46 AM
- Concern Worldwide launches charity CD “Together for Christmas”
- Cormac De Barra reinvents the harp as a rock and roll instrument
- Singer Jake Bugg’s new album brings us to paradise by way of Memphis
- Pierce Turner returns to US for New York, Philadelphia concerts
- The Celtic Tenors Christmas CD lends an Irish vibe to the sounds of the season
|Dropkick Murphys raise cash for Boston|
Boston local heroes the Dropkick Murphys raised $65,000 in just 15 hours for those affected by the Boston Marathon bombings by selling a new t-shirt on their website.
The tee is priced between $24.99 and $26.99, based on size, and the front reads "For Boston" with a photo of the skyline.
The back is emblazoned with the city's seal and the note, "Thank you, to all who purchased this shirt. All proceeds go to the victims and families of the Boston Marathon bombings. Love, Dropkick Murphys."
In a Tweet revealing the sales news, the punk band added that the shirts are still available for pre-order and are shipping to Ireland, the United Kingdom, Europe and Australia. See more: Irish Voice , Irish Music , Irish Entertainment , Irish Entertainment Blog , Boston Local