Off The Record by Mike Farragher
Dropkick Murphy’s Ken Casey gave Neo-Nazi headbanger a smack down - VIDEO
Posted on Thursday, March 28, 2013 at 11:29 AM
- Concern Worldwide launches charity CD “Together for Christmas”
- Cormac De Barra reinvents the harp as a rock and roll instrument
- Singer Jake Bugg’s new album brings us to paradise by way of Memphis
- Pierce Turner returns to US for New York, Philadelphia concerts
- The Celtic Tenors Christmas CD lends an Irish vibe to the sounds of the season
|Ken Casey of The Dropkick Murphys (AP)|
The Internet is abuzz with news that Boston Celtic punks Dropkick Murphys gave a neo-Nazi fan a beat-down when they played Terminal 5 in New York for two nights prior to St. Patrick’s Day.
As has become tradition, the band invited the ladies to come onto the stage for their encore of "Kiss Me I'm S**tfaced,” and the crowd onstage soon swelled. The band then kicked into "Skinhead on the MBTA" before breaking into “T.N.T.” by AC/DC.
Some right eejit started “seig heiling” like a Nazi during the “Oy! Oy” portion of the song. Dropkicks singer/bassist Ken Casey noticed this and smashed him in the face with his hand before walloping the guy with his bass. Casey emerged from the pileup with his shirt torn and made his way back to the front of the stage.
He strapped on his bass and said into the microphone "Nazis are not f***ing welcome at a Dropkick Murphys show."
I guess that Nazi moron learned that free speech can hurt sometimes.
Here's the Dropkick Murphy's "Skinhead on the MBTA":