Off The Recordby Mike Farragher
- Friends and fans hold an Irish wake for Mickey Finns’ front man Ray Kelly
- An open letter to the Catholic League on rant against David Bowie video “The Next Day” - VIDEO
- All-star benefit for great Irish musician Mickey Finns’ Ray Kelly who died tragically
- Amen to Rend Collective Experiment - VIDEO
- Finally some new U2 music from Bono and the boys?
The French poet Jean Cocteau said, “Americans are funny people. First you shock them, then they put you in a museum.”
Nowadays, you can’t swing a cat at an Irish festival without hearing some band doing their best to blend traditional Irish melodies with bone crunching power chords nowadays.
If you’re anywhere near the Bowery Electric (327 Bowery, New York) on April 23, make sure you check out the next big thing out of Ireland.
Maria Doyle Kennedy is out to make a name for herself here in the States and duplicate the success she has had in her native Dublin. Based on the collection of songs from her album Mutter, she is off to a great start!
Okay, I admit it. I am closing in on 44 years old and I still subscribe to the fan club of my favorite band. God, that is embarrassing to read and I pray my kids don’t get teased in school when this news breaks around town.
Fortunately, the embarrassment proved worthwhile this week. The good folks at U2.com periodically release special goodies to the dedicated fans in cyberspace.