United States adds 114,000 jobs in September - welcome news for Barack Obama's administration
Posted on Friday, October 05, 2012 at 10:05 AM
- Marco Rubio: 'If immigration bill gives Cubans immigration rights, it kills the bill. I'm done' - VIDEO
- Diaspora should work both ways - time for global Irish to vote
- Ireland needs a new James Joyce - new voice of the Irish people is on the way
- Fox News Lou Dobbs panel: selfish working mothers are destroying the natural order and America
- The non-stop Flights of the Earls and how our community’s history is forgotten
|Big boost for Barack Obama's campaign|
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the U.S. added 114,000 jobs in September, bringing the unemployment rate down to 7.8 percent - its first time below 8 percent this year and its lowest rate since Obama took office.
Reaction at the Romney camp will run like this: 'Mr President, you said you would being unemployment below 8%! Ah, heck...'
There was further news for the administration, too: numbers for July and August were revised upward to show 86,000 more jobs were created than previously reported.
This is only poll that matters. And the president who believes in the long game is clearly winning it.
Read all the news on the Election 2012 here