United States adds 114,000 jobs in September - welcome news for Barack Obama's administration
Posted on Friday, October 05, 2012 at 10:05 AM
- Violent attacks on gays in New York up 70 percent in 2013
- Will New York Senator Chuck Schumer ditch gay couples for an immigration deal?
- If nobody's happy, it's working – the abortion debate and Irish politics of stalemate
- Conservative news entertainment complex claim Barack Obama leader of Al Qaeda
- Why Irish grudges are passed on - a long tradition of never forgetting
|Big boost for Barack Obama's campaign|
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the U.S. added 114,000 jobs in September, bringing the unemployment rate down to 7.8 percent - its first time below 8 percent this year and its lowest rate since Obama took office.
Reaction at the Romney camp will run like this: 'Mr President, you said you would being unemployment below 8%! Ah, heck...'
There was further news for the administration, too: numbers for July and August were revised upward to show 86,000 more jobs were created than previously reported.
This is only poll that matters. And the president who believes in the long game is clearly winning it.
Read all the news on the Election 2012 here