See Geraldine Hughes in Belfast Blues tonight!
Posted on Monday, March 22, 2010 at 11:58 AM
- Will New York Senator Chuck Schumer ditch gay couples for an immigration deal?
- If nobody's happy, it's working – the abortion debate and Irish politics of stalemate
- Conservative news entertainment complex claim Barack Obama leader of Al Qaeda
- Why Irish grudges are passed on - a long tradition of never forgetting
- Boston man confronts Infowars conspiracy nuts over 'false flag' claim
It's a rainy Monday. You could stay home tonight, listen to jazz and make a pot of coffee, or you could do what I strongly suggest you do and catch an unforgettable performance by Irish actress Geraldine Hughes in Belfast Blues, her extraordinary one woman show playing at The Barrow Street Theatre tonight (take the 1 Train to Christopher Street).
It’s a rare opportunity for New Yorkers to see the acclaimed Irish actress (who nowadays stars alongside Hollywood heavyweights like Clint Eastwood and Sylvester Stallone) in the show that made her famous and for that reason it’s already selling out: it’s the kind of play that people who have seen it will press your hand and insist you do likewise. It's only performed on Monday night's at 8PM though April 26. Don't miss it!