United States job's bill killing Republicans
Posted on Wednesday, October 12, 2011 at 09:30 AM
- Violent attacks on gays in New York up 70 percent in 2013
- Will New York Senator Chuck Schumer ditch gay couples for an immigration deal?
- If nobody's happy, it's working – the abortion debate and Irish politics of stalemate
- Conservative news entertainment complex claim Barack Obama leader of Al Qaeda
- Why Irish grudges are passed on - a long tradition of never forgetting
This morning I have a simple question: can anyone name a specific jobs bill that has been brought forward by the GOP?
I'm just asking because once upon a time in American politics if you voted against a major jobs bill it's because you had a better one of your own.
Remember those days? They're apparently gone for good.
Protecting tax cuts for millionaires and concocting even more of them isn't a jobs bill. If it was then the Bush era would have been an economic golden age instead of what it actually was - a lost decade.
So is that all the GOP has got left for us? The voodoo economics that says trickle down benefits flow from billionaire boom times? Or a scorched earth campaign against every initiative President Obama takes? Because, you know, they haven't been working.
So is that really all they've got?