Governor Christie takes state helicopter to son's ballgame
Posted on Wednesday, June 01, 2011 at 11:05 AM
- Will New York Senator Chuck Schumer ditch gay couples for an immigration deal?
- If nobody's happy, it's working – the abortion debate and Irish politics of stalemate
- Conservative news entertainment complex claim Barack Obama leader of Al Qaeda
- Why Irish grudges are passed on - a long tradition of never forgetting
- Boston man confronts Infowars conspiracy nuts over 'false flag' claim
Christie, who had a private meeting at the governors mansion on Monday night with Iowa donors trying to persuade him to run for president, arrived at Delbarton prep around 4pm on Tuesday where he was driven from the helicopter about 100 yards to the stands in a black limo with tinted windows.
The governor had no public events on his schedule, so it is unclear why he chose to fly to the game in the $12.5 million dollar helicopter.
Critics have blasted the governor for the expense to the state's taxpayers and have noted he was sending his own son to an expensive private school whilst underfunding the state's public schools.