Manhattan Diaryby Cahir O'Doherty
- Daily Mail unloads on 'drunken young' Paddys with booze-baiting rant - British tabloid continues its anti Irish attitude
- Marco Rubio: 'If immigration bill gives Cubans immigration rights, it kills the bill. I'm done' - VIDEO
- Diaspora should work both ways - time for global Irish to vote
- Ireland needs a new James Joyce - new voice of the Irish people is on the way
- Fox News Lou Dobbs panel: selfish working mothers are destroying the natural order and America
Psychotherapy is something the Irish think you turn to only after booze, confession and prayer all fail. It’s the end of the line, the final admission of failure. Your problems must be insurmountable indeed if you have to see a shrink about them.
The people that I’ve encountered with the most hostile attitude to therapy are usually the people most in need of it. It’s a neat trick that.
Let's be clear: 'alternative lifestyles,' for Fox News pundits, is code for gay. O'Reilly is concerned that watching Glee will turn your kids gay.
O'Reilly didn't say gay though, because for conservatives your sexual orientation is not something that's fixed or innate, like your eye color or the color of your skin - instead it's altogether more elective, it's something you can fall into, like stamp collecting or model ship building.
The media get blamed for a lot of things in the United States. The charges leveled against them can range from having a blatant conservative or liberal bias, to charges of leading the news rather than reporting it.
To hear them tell it, Almighty God had taken time out of His busy schedule to make personal visits to their upscale homes to endorse them in person.
I'm talking about you Rick Santorum, Herman Cain, Michele Bachmann and Rick Perry.
The trajectory of a life in the Irish political establishment hasn’t really altered in decades. You move from the playing fields to the professions; or from the elite boarding schools to the law schools; or from the rural constituency offices to the offices of parliament.
Doors open as if by magic -- if your face and background fit, that is.