Irish dating dish by Jacinta Reilly
Irish are no longer sexually repressed - down and dirty photos the norm
Posted on Tuesday, October 25, 2011 at 05:19 AM
- 80 percent of Irish men would have a one-night stand with a married woman - Megan Fox number one choice
- Over 300,000 Irish people use sex phone lines to find love - Sexy phone lines increasing in popularity among women
- Irish crave getting romantic in the sun - wet weather makes for spontaneous daydreams
- Do Irish guys have the “gift of the gab” like their American counterparts? -- Survey finds American guys are chattier than American girls
- Top ten reasons to date an Irish person this Christmas - VIDEO
|Irish couples are getting risque|
Revealing Ireland’s love for lust, the research was released to coincide with National Condom Week.
Over 1,000 people contributed to the survey which found that Irish people prefer women on top and the doggie style position and are also partial to kinky gadgets in the bedroom.
Some 16 percent of respondents said they have also texted a naked picture of themselves to someone, reports the Cork Independent.
One-in-ten people admitted to sleeping with a new love interest within an hour of meeting them, while one-in-five said that they have slept with someone after knowing them for less than two hours.
Irish American women are true man eaters
Syphilis epidemic struck Ireland in the 1930s new survey shows
Bad romance: 10 surprising facts about the Irish and sex
Some 38 percent of people admitted to discussing fantasies with their partner and 19 percent have engaged in role play.
One-in-five have done a strip tease and over 20 percent have introduced food into the bedroom.
The Irish Durex National Condom Week began on Monday 24 October and runs through to October 30. The annual initiative is aimed at promoting safer sex and encouraging the country to use condoms.
Miriam Abel, Brand Manager at Durex says, “It is fantastic to see 53 percent of people always use a condom, but also concerning that only seven percent get regular STI checks.
“Carrying a condom can quite literally be lifesaving and should be as commonplace as picking up your keys or your wallet,” Abel added.