From The Hob by Paul Keating
Towne Crier shows - Pawling, New York
Posted on Friday, June 10, 2011 at 12:46 PM
- New Jersey Fleadh weekend a huge success
- Comhaltas Ceoltoiri Eireann Congress celebrates growth - with 415 branches in 15 countries
- Recalling the great Irish musician Felix Dolan - VIDEO
- The Yanks are coming - debut album of New York City favorite building a buzz
- New York Irish Center hosts great night - Oliver O’Connell, Mickey Dunne live in Queens
Up in Pawling, New York there is a outpost for folk, jazz, blues, roots and world music called the Towne Crier (130 Route 22) which we have mentioned quite a few times over the years in this column as a wonderful place to hear live music while imbibing on fine food and drink and luscious desserts.
And there is Celtic tide flowing up the Hudson over the next few months starting with this weekend as the Tannahill Weavers, one of Scotland’s great folk acts, perform there on Friday night, July 10 at 8:30 p.m.
In August, Cherish the Ladies start off the month on Saturday, August 6 at 8:30 p.m. followed by Moya Brennan (of Clannad and T With the Maggies Fame) on Sunday, August 14 at 7:30 p.m.
Another venerable Scottish band, the Battlefield Band, will play on Friday, August 19 at 8:30 p.m.
Mark your calendars and visit www.townecrier.com for more details or call 845-855-1330.