From The Hob by Paul Keating
Pearl River celebrate under-12 champion ceili band
Posted on Sunday, October 28, 2012 at 02:50 AM
- Boston’s WGBH to present 11th annual broadcast of “A Christmas Celtic Sojourn”
- At concerts across the tristate area, artists will celebrate an Irish Christmas
- Owners of Boston’s Burren Pub to host CD release party while helping homeless
- Darrah Carr celebrates 15 years of transforming Irish dance into a style she calls ModErin
- The Orio J. Palmer Foundation gives scholarships to Irish artists
|Girsa will be on hand Friday in Pearl River|
The evening will be hosted by the one and only Joanie Madden (an All-Ireland champion herself) and also feature music from GIRSA and Ceol Milish, who have brought attention to the Pearl River area and teachers for their past accomplishments.
To add a nostalgic touch, a number of former students of the legendary Irish music master and teacher Martin Mulvihill from Glin, Co. Limerick (for whom the CCE branch in Pearl River is named) are turning up on the night. They may even have the chance to take the stage for a few tunes as well.
Once again it is an opportunity to celebrate the epicenter of traditional Irish music in New York with the dedicated teachers and students from the Pearl River area. Call Rose Flanagan at 845-735-1204 or Margie Mulvihill at 845-735-1204 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.