From The Hob by Paul Keating
Highly acclaimed Irish traditional band FullSet on tour
Posted on Thursday, October 04, 2012 at 12:05 PM
- Clancy Legacy continues with Christmas shows from Aoife and Robbie, new CD from Donal
- Boston’s WGBH to present 11th annual broadcast of “A Christmas Celtic Sojourn”
- At concerts across the tristate area, artists will celebrate an Irish Christmas
- Owners of Boston’s Burren Pub to host CD release party while helping homeless
- Darrah Carr celebrates 15 years of transforming Irish dance into a style she calls ModErin
Finishing up a tour, FullSet come east to the Blairstown Historic Theatre (www.thehbt.com). The band features Janine Redmond on accordion (Dublin), Andrew Meeney on guitar (Dublin), Eamonn Moloney on flute and bodhran (Tipperary), Michael Harrison on fiddle (Tipperary), Sean McCarthy on uilleann pipes and whistles (Cork) and Theresa Horgan on flute and vocals (Cork).
They will also be heading to the University of Pennsylvania’s Annenberg Center in Philadelphia on Saturday.
Blairstown Historic Theatre is a great venue to hear Celtic music, and like all venues these days would like to see people turn out for live music which they present at a very high quality all year long.
When venues take a chance on booking young bands like this and help make tours possible, it would be great if people who like Celtic music support them.