From The Hob by Paul Keating
Family celebration of Irish culture at 5th annual Hudson Valley Fest
Posted on Friday, September 20, 2013 at 05:40 PM
- Pearl River trad group Girsa to perform holiday concerts in the tristate area
- Clancy Legacy continues with Christmas shows from Aoife and Robbie, new CD from Donal
- Boston’s WGBH to present 11th annual broadcast of “A Christmas Celtic Sojourn”
- At concerts across the tristate area, artists will celebrate an Irish Christmas
- Owners of Boston’s Burren Pub to host CD release party while helping homeless
The festival since its inception is meant to be a celebration of Irish culture for the whole family organized by the Ancient Order of Hibernians in Peekskill, and proceeds go towards furthering their mission and also towards the Hudson Valley Irish Center in Verplanck.
Appearing at the festival are Jameson’s Revenge, Padraig Allen and the McLean Avenue Band, Mary Courtney, the Ruffians and direct from Ireland, the Druids.
Tradheads will be interested in the Jack Mandrel Memorial Cultural Tent named posthumously after one of the leaders of the legendary Full Moon Session at the “Chapel on the River” Guinans Pub in nearby Garrison, New York. Mary Courtney will be holding court there along with an array of traditional musicians who frequented the session when it was in Garrison. (FYI, it has since moved to the Quiet Man Pub in downtown Peekskill on the first Thursday after the Full Moon).
For more info contact Dan Dennehy at 914-588-2710.