From The Hobby Paul Keating
- Shanachie founders Daniel Michael Collins left his mark on New York’s Irish music scene
- New Jersey Fleadh weekend a huge success
- Comhaltas Ceoltoiri Eireann Congress celebrates growth - with 415 branches in 15 countries
- Recalling the great Irish musician Felix Dolan - VIDEO
- The Yanks are coming - debut album of New York City favorite building a buzz
We are talking about sean nos dancing (old style step dancing) where spontaneity and individual creativity form a close union with live Irish music playing at normal tempos in the manner that one would have discovered in Connemara or other pockets deep within the well of tradition long ago.
You can find it at all the festivals and workshops for people of all ages, and this year it even became a competition as part of Fleadh Cheoil na hEireann in Cavan for the first time.
The dance form has migrated to the U.S. where there are now practitioners from coast to coast teaching sean nos steps like Kieran Jordan, Malden Meehan and Shannon Dunne for instance.