From The Hobby Paul Keating
- New Jersey Fleadh weekend a huge success
- Comhaltas Ceoltoiri Eireann Congress celebrates growth - with 415 branches in 15 countries
- Recalling the great Irish musician Felix Dolan - VIDEO
- The Yanks are coming - debut album of New York City favorite building a buzz
- New York Irish Center hosts great night - Oliver O’Connell, Mickey Dunne live in Queens
Willie Week had a profound influence on my life because Muiris and company there in Miltown Malbay decided with great wisdom in its 10th year in 1982 that a summer school in West Clare should and could expand its mission by opening up set dancing classes to revive the great quadrille dance tradition that had ebbed in rural communities with the diminution of the house dance customs.
Cork dancing master Joe O’Donovan took on the challenge that first year to teach basic sets like the North Kerry and Sliabh Luachra while also recruiting some great local tutors in the Clare sets in keeping with the Banner County theme underlying in the school.