From The Hobby Paul Keating
- Pearl River trad group Girsa to perform holiday concerts in the tristate area
- Clancy Legacy continues with Christmas shows from Aoife and Robbie, new CD from Donal
- Boston’s WGBH to present 11th annual broadcast of “A Christmas Celtic Sojourn”
- At concerts across the tristate area, artists will celebrate an Irish Christmas
- Owners of Boston’s Burren Pub to host CD release party while helping homeless
Kinvara, Galway -- The merry month of May when spring leaps into summer in Ireland is known as Bealtaine, leading to a month of festivals throughout the land as the daylight hours grow and with luck
improving weather allowing for more outdoor recreation.
It is coming around to fleadh time in the greater New York metropolitan area when the Mid-Atlantic Regional Board of Comhaltas Ceoltoiri Eireann hosts one of the qualifying fleadhanna in North America to winnow down competitors for Fleadh Cheoil na hEireann (www.fleadhcheoil.ie) being held once again in Cavan Town.
Hundreds of competitors will make their way to the Parsippany Hilton in New Jersey over the weekend of May 18-20 to try and get one of those first or second slots that will allow them to challenge the best in Ireland and maybe win All-Ireland bragging rights and fame.