From The Hobby Paul Keating
- New Jersey Fleadh weekend a huge success
- Comhaltas Ceoltoiri Eireann Congress celebrates growth - with 415 branches in 15 countries
- Recalling the great Irish musician Felix Dolan - VIDEO
- The Yanks are coming - debut album of New York City favorite building a buzz
- New York Irish Center hosts great night - Oliver O’Connell, Mickey Dunne live in Queens
Kinvara, Galway -- The merry month of May when spring leaps into summer in Ireland is known as Bealtaine, leading to a month of festivals throughout the land as the daylight hours grow and with luck
improving weather allowing for more outdoor recreation.
It is coming around to fleadh time in the greater New York metropolitan area when the Mid-Atlantic Regional Board of Comhaltas Ceoltoiri Eireann hosts one of the qualifying fleadhanna in North America to winnow down competitors for Fleadh Cheoil na hEireann (www.fleadhcheoil.ie) being held once again in Cavan Town.
Hundreds of competitors will make their way to the Parsippany Hilton in New Jersey over the weekend of May 18-20 to try and get one of those first or second slots that will allow them to challenge the best in Ireland and maybe win All-Ireland bragging rights and fame.