From The Hobby Paul Keating
- Pearl River trad group Girsa to perform holiday concerts in the tristate area
- Clancy Legacy continues with Christmas shows from Aoife and Robbie, new CD from Donal
- Boston’s WGBH to present 11th annual broadcast of “A Christmas Celtic Sojourn”
- At concerts across the tristate area, artists will celebrate an Irish Christmas
- Owners of Boston’s Burren Pub to host CD release party while helping homeless
The green season is past us now when all the world’s a Gael and turning out for the seasonal frolics. Many are oblivious to the fact that the world of Irish traditional music is a high powered and entertaining art form that doesn’t switch off as the calendar changes.
Even The New York Times noted the evergreen quality of the Irish trad session scene in New York City in its St. Patrick’s Eve edition. Fueling and inspiring traditional Irish music still is a combination of great performance bands that keep the music innovative on the technical and entertainment scales with committed artists who populate their rosters and also show their mettle as individual performers.
Given all the action that will be taking place over the next few weeks, I’m going to leap right into suggestions for a very trad St. Patrick’s season with lots of choice music events to pencil in on your calendar.