From The Hobby Paul Keating
- At concerts across the tristate area, artists will celebrate an Irish Christmas
- Owners of Boston’s Burren Pub to host CD release party while helping homeless
- Darrah Carr celebrates 15 years of transforming Irish dance into a style she calls ModErin
- The Orio J. Palmer Foundation gives scholarships to Irish artists
- Donie Carroll’s charity concert for Mercy Center, in Thailand
Within the realm of Irish traditional music followers there is a special place for music that is played in the fireside manor so authentic you can imagine a whiff of peat in the air as you listen.
Images conjured up are those of the ould fellas sitting close to the fire sharing chunes after a hard day’s labor in the fields around the farm with one another and neighbors who rambled along for the occasion.