From The Hobby Paul Keating
- At concerts across the tristate area, artists will celebrate an Irish Christmas
- Owners of Boston’s Burren Pub to host CD release party while helping homeless
- Darrah Carr celebrates 15 years of transforming Irish dance into a style she calls ModErin
- The Orio J. Palmer Foundation gives scholarships to Irish artists
- Donie Carroll’s charity concert for Mercy Center, in Thailand
Once she reigned over the Irish American airwaves as the queen of Irish radio with her weekly Sunday evening broadcasts as recently as 1990 in the metropolitan New York.
There are some who think that the Catskills represent only a bygone era, and that perhaps something like the Catskills Irish Arts Week (CIAW) that takes place there every summer is only fighting a losing battle in preserving an important Irish heritage up there.