From The Hob by Paul Keating
34th annual Memorial Day Irish Festival gearing up in the Catskills
Posted on Friday, May 27, 2011 at 11:14 AM
- Dingle doesn’t disappoint with annual Feile na Bealtaine festival of Irish music and arts
- Summer schools keep the tradition of Irish music alive
- Visiting the Dingle Peninsula in all its glory for The Gathering 2013
- Debut for new New Jersey Irish festival GaelFest
- Shining tribute to dance legend Donny Golden held in Mineola
Two full days of entertainment including popular acts like the Whole Shabang, Black 47, the Prodigals, Celtic Cross, Shilelagh Law, Jameson’s Revenge, Andy Cooney and Kitty Kelly will appear. Visit www.irishvillageusa.com or call 518-634-2286 for more info.
And stop by and take a look at the Blackthorne Resort’s brand-new restaurant/bar and hotel complex risen from the ashes which had its official ribbon-cutting last Saturday, marking its phoenix-like reappearance in just four months time. Hats off to the Handel Family and good luck with the upcoming season.
And you might run into Yvonne Furlong there who just may be spending a lot of time helping her Handel family friends to break in the spanking new facility.