Pat O’Connor and Eoghan O’Sullivan play NYU’s Glucksman Ireland House - VIDEO
- Boston’s WGBH to present 11th annual broadcast of “A Christmas Celtic Sojourn”
- At concerts across the tristate area, artists will celebrate an Irish Christmas
- Owners of Boston’s Burren Pub to host CD release party while helping homeless
- Darrah Carr celebrates 15 years of transforming Irish dance into a style she calls ModErin
- The Orio J. Palmer Foundation gives scholarships to Irish artists
|Pat O’Connor and Eoghan O’Sullivan|
Coming up this Friday night at Glucksman Ireland House is another pure-drop tandem visiting from Ireland in fiddler Pat O’Connor from Ennis, Co. Clare and Eoghan O’Sullivan from Co. Cork. They are touring around the U.S. and hitting the Big Apple.
It is part of the Glucksman Ireland House Blarney Star Concert series that gets underway at 8 p.m. at 1 Washington Mews on Fifth Avenue just north of Washington Square in Manhattan.
O’Connor’s graceful playing brings you back to a simpler time of house dances or fireside sessions that matches up perfectly with O’Sullivan’s “press and draw” styling on the button accordion. They produced a very fine duet CD a few years ago displaying their musical dialogue entitled Conversation at the Crosses, recorded at the Crosses of Annagh Pub outside Miltown Malbay. For more information visit www.blarneystar.com.
On Sunday, April 7 at 7 p.m. they are playing at the Rock City Café in Rockland, Maine. Call piper Susanne Ward at 207-594-5688.
Here's a video of Pat O’Connor and Eoghan O’Sullivan playing: