Culture Pop by Kara Rota
Prince owes $3 million in Ireland, High Court Justice says
Posted on Friday, March 26, 2010 at 11:15 AM
- Wilson's World Series Beard- I mean bid
- Emma Donoghue reads an excerpt of 'Room' at the Irish Arts Center
- Stephen Colbert testifies before Congress on the plight of migrant workers
- Five Books to Read This Fall
- Season 4 of Mad Men wins over new fans and nostalgic viewers alike
TMZ reported today that Ireland's High Court Justice Peter Kelly has announced that entertainer Prince owes almost $3 million to concert promoters for failing to perform a Dublin show in 2008. Kelly says a settlement was reached in February, but Prince has yet to pay up.
An agent who worked with Prince told the court that when he told Prince about the problem, the singer responded, "Tell the cat to chill. We will work something out," according to TMZ.