Culture Pop by Kara Rota
Glee's Jane Lynch marries Lara Embry
Posted on Thursday, June 03, 2010 at 02:29 PM
- Wilson's World Series Beard- I mean bid
- Emma Donoghue reads an excerpt of 'Room' at the Irish Arts Center
- Stephen Colbert testifies before Congress on the plight of migrant workers
- Five Books to Read This Fall
- Season 4 of Mad Men wins over new fans and nostalgic viewers alike
Actress Jane Lynch, who portrays Sue Sylvester on the hit series Glee, married psychologist Lara Embry on Monday at the Blue Heron Restaurant in Sunderland, Massachusetts. The couple met at a 2009 fundraiser in San Francisco where Lynch was presenting and Embry was among the honorees.
Lynch has also developed a close relationship with Embry's eight-year-old daughter Haden, who helps her practice the song and dance numbers for Glee. Embry has another adopted daugher, Chase, 10.
Lynch's film roles have included “Julie & Julia” (2009), “The 40-Year-Old Virgin” (2005), “A Mighty Wind” (2003) and “Best in Show” (2000).