‘X Factor’ judge Demi Lovato won't sacrifice her health for a perfect body
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael
- Colin Farrell thinks there’s a double standard for women when it comes to bad behavior
- Jamie Dornan will be great in “Fifty Shades of Gray” says Charlie Hunnam
- Amy Adams takes credit for her kiss with "cute" Jennifer Lawrence in 'American Hustle'
The 21-year-old star checked into rehab in 2010 for help with bulimia, self-harm and depression and after years of struggling with her body image, she is finally happy in her own skin.
She admitted: "I don't have the body of a model or Barbie. My main thing about being in the spotlight with my fans is, I want to be real to them. I have my problem areas, but I'm happy in my skin right now.
I'm not going to sacrifice my mental health to have the perfect body."
The 'Neon Lights' singer - who sits alongside Simon Cowell, Kelly Rowland and Paulina Rubio on the 'X Factor' USA judging panel - has advised her fans to always be honest about depression and not bottle
their feelings up.
Demi explained: "You've gotta be honest with people around you. And honest with yourself. When you're having a rough day, be like, 'I don't want to talk about this, but I need to get it off my chest.' If
you have a secret - secrets make you sick."
The former Disney star - who rose to fame aged six on 'Barney & Friends' - has completely overhauled her priorities to focus on spending quality time with her family and friends.
She revealed in an interview with Teen Vogue magazine: "It may seem boring to other people, but my whole life I've lived at a really intense level - whether it's fame or this or that. I've always worked really hard. Now I've gotten to the place where I'm healthy, happy. And my family is happy and healthy.
"When I do have free time, I love just sitting here and inviting people over and watching movies, or going to the movies. It's a big night for me if I go bowling."
Be the first to make a comment.
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France...
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael...
- Colin Farrell thinks there’s a double standard for women when it comes to bad behavior...
- Jamie Dornan will be great in “Fifty Shades of Gray” says Charlie Hunnam...
- James Franco and Chris O’Dowd to star in “Of Mice and Men” on Broadway...