WWE star Sheamus tipped to sign new deal with Irish Spring soap
- Former Nickelodeon star Amanda Bynes arrested for drug possession in New York
- Amanda Bynes' parents are trying to get her placed under a conservatorship
- One Direction won four awards at the inaugural Social Star Awards
- ‘Zero Dark Thirty’ star Jessica Chastain found it ‘scary’ wearing Elizabeth Taylor's necklace
- Bradley Cooper is ‘grateful for’ 'The Hangover' franchise
World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) has signed a new a promotional deal with Colgate-Palmolive’s Irish Spring Soap, Ad Age reports.
Few details on the new deal have been disclosed, but it is expected that Irish born World Heavyweight champion Sheamus will be involved in the campaign. Sheamus, born Stephen Farrelly in Dublin, is the first Irish-born WWE champion in company history. His pale complexion and red hair would make him the perfect stereotypical Irish ambassador for the popular soap.
Read More: WWE’s Irish superstar Sheamus kicks into high gear
During last year’s WrestleMania the Celtic Warrior defeated World Heavyweight Champion Daniel Bryan in a record-setting 18 seconds to win the title. His signature moves include the Brogue Kick, Cloverleaf, Irish Curse Backbreaker, White Noise.
The news comes after the announcement that WWE's John Cena is to replace the Fred Flintstone from Fruity Pebbles boxes.
Read More: WWE Sheamus wins World Heavyweight Championship in just 18 seconds - VIDEO