Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Will Kristen Stewart's cheating ways have a negative impact on "Breaking Dawn" release?
Posted on Monday, August 06, 2012 at 06:22 AM
- Niall Horan says eating Irish sausages and playing Croke Park will be ‘biggest moment’ in One Direction career
- One Direction's boys claim their tour bus is surprisingly boring
- Demi Moore wants Ashton Kutcher to pay for her New York home renovations
- Christine Quinn and Khloe Kardashian almost wore same wedding dress - 'I was devastated because that was my dress!' says mayoral hopeful
- Tori Spelling's husband Dean McDermott gave her a 3-carat diamond ring to mark their seventh wedding anniversary
|Kristen Stewart poster for "Breaking Dawn"|
"In general, it doesn't seem as though romantic tangles in real life have much effect on the financial performance of films," says Brush Nash of the box-office data site, The Numbers, according to E!Online.
Many films have been linked to off-screen romances and affairs and were either box office hits, like Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's 'Mr and Mrs Smith' or were flops that failed miserably at the box office because the movies just weren't any good, e.g. Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez's 'Gigli,'
However, "Breaking Dawn-Part 2," which will hit theaters on November 16, seems to be in unchartered waters as its onscreen couple are not coming together off-screen but are apparently breaking up. In addition, the 'Twilight' franchise has a passionate fan base.
Says Michelle Pan of the fan site Michelle Pan of the fan site, BellaAndEdward.com, and author of the now-prophetically titled, Bella Should Have Dumped Edward: "Most fans like myself have been eagerly awaiting this movie for years now. The release of Breaking Dawn—Part 2 in theaters is an event that has been in the hearts of fans long before Robsten."