Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Will Ferrell's "Anchorman" sequel is "literally five pages of story notes"
Posted on Tuesday, May 01, 2012 at 09:44 AM
- Orlando Bloom is dating 'Lord of the Rings' costar Liv Tyler
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael
- Colin Farrell thinks there’s a double standard for women when it comes to bad behavior
- Jamie Dornan will be great in “Fifty Shades of Gray” says Charlie Hunnam
|Will Ferrell in "The Anchorman" - "I'm Ron Burgundy?"|
The sequel to the Will Ferrell starring movie - about hapless local news reporter Ron Burgundy - has been given the green light by Paramount studios, and now Will and director Adam McKay have to decide what shape the story will take.
Adam told Empire magazine: "The script? It's about two per cent. Or half a per cent? It's literally five pages of story notes and pieces and chunks of story. We're holing up and writing for the next three months."
The film has a huge legacy to live up to after the first movie was so well received, and the director concedes it is unlikely to be as popular, but that doesn't mean it won't be a great movie.
He added: "We almost have to walk into this knowing it'll never be as good as that fresh first time, and once you give that up, you can just worry about making a good movie.
"We're trying to get our minds set to the idea of, 'Let's just do the craziest stuff'. Whatever makes us laugh, we're doing. There's going to be a lot of improvisation in this."
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France...
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael...
- Colin Farrell thinks there’s a double standard for women when it comes to bad behavior...
- Jamie Dornan will be great in “Fifty Shades of Gray” says Charlie Hunnam...
- James Franco and Chris O’Dowd to star in “Of Mice and Men” on Broadway...