Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Will Ferrell says his love scene in 'Casa de mi Padre' is very "unsexy"- VIDEO
Posted on Saturday, March 17, 2012 at 09:58 AM
- Niall Horan says eating Irish sausages and playing Croke Park will be ‘biggest moment’ in One Direction career
- One Direction's boys claim their tour bus is surprisingly boring
- Demi Moore wants Ashton Kutcher to pay for her New York home renovations
- Christine Quinn and Khloe Kardashian almost wore same wedding dress - 'I was devastated because that was my dress!' says mayoral hopeful
- Tori Spelling's husband Dean McDermott gave her a 3-carat diamond ring to mark their seventh wedding anniversary
During an appearance on the 'Today' show, he said: "This is the most unsexy sex scene ever committed to film. And the silliest I think I have ever seen."
The 44-year-old funnyman plays Armando Alvarez, the heir to a Mexican cattle ranch whose land is threatened by drug traffickers, and he had to learn Spanish before shooting commenced.
Will practiced day and night to master the language because he didn't want to have a bad accent in the film.
He explained: "I started working with a translator a month prior to filming. Then it was just literally every day and every night and then I started dreaming in Spanish. It was just this intense immersion."
Will - who was born in California - got the idea to make a movie in Spanish from watching telenovelas and he thinks 'Casa de mi Padre' is a "groundbreaking" comedy.
He said: "I just had this crazy idea for the longest time. I think from watching telenovellas which we all love. It's one of the comedies that breaks all the rules ... it's a groundbreaking film."