‘White House Down’ star Channing Tatum doesn't want his daughter to become a Hollywood star
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack
The 33-year-old actor- who welcomed his first child Everly into the world with his wife Jenna Dewan-Tatum just three weeks ago - admits he's not keen on his child following in his footsteps and starring on the big screen because he'd rather she had a "normal" life away from the pressures of fame.
Speaking at the New York City premiere of his latest movie 'White House Down' on Wednesday night, he said: "I hope she doesn't get into this world - I mean look at this. This isn't normal. I want her to have a grounded, beautiful life. But she's going to do what she's going to do.
"She's going to grow up and do whatever she's going to do. I don't really have any sway."
Channing plays John Cale in the upcoming action thriller, which sees him attempt to save the US President as a well as his daughter from terrorists, but believes becoming a father is probably more frightening than having to protect a world leader.
Speaking to Us Weekly magazine at the premiere, he explained: "I've never protected the president, but I have been a new dad, and I can tell you that being a new dad is pretty terrifying.
"I'm pretty sure that something about the president makes the stakes a little higher, but to me as a new father, nothing is more important or scary than protecting a daughter."
Be the first to make a comment.
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"...
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"...
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack...
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...
- The Wanted star Siva Kaneswaran has got engaged to his long-term girlfriend Nareesha McCaf...
- Susan Boyle believes her mother's ghost is with her "all the time"...