Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Wealthy tourists are desperate to stay at the plush estate where Kate Middleton was photographed topless
Posted on Monday, October 15, 2012 at 09:07 AM
- Demi Lovato claims ‘X Factor’ creator Simon Cowell is very ‘humble’
- Michael Douglas' admires how exposed Matt Damon allowed himself be for 'Behind the Candelabra'
- Amanda Bynes feels like she is being ‘punked’
- Channing Tatum releases the first image of his newborn daughter Everly
- 'Man of Steel’ star Amy Adams can't let go of her Mormon values
A friend close to Mr Linley told the MailOnline that he has been inundated with offers from wealthy tourists hoping to stay at the 19th century hunting lodge since the pictures were published in early September.
The source said: "Linley has had mad offers coming in.
"Kate and William value him as a cousin and a friend and his refusals to capitalize on the publicity have been noted by the Royal Household. His currency is his silence."
Following the publication of the topless pictures, William and Catherine were left "saddened" by the "grotesque" invasion of their privacy, but the Duchess has been determined to uphold her growing public role and scheduled appearances.
French magazine Closer was heavily sanctioned for publishing paparazzi shots of the 30-year-old royal without her bikini top on.