Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Wealthy tourists are desperate to stay at the plush estate where Kate Middleton was photographed topless
Posted on Monday, October 15, 2012 at 09:07 AM
- Former Nickelodeon star Amanda Bynes arrested for drug possession in New York
- Amanda Bynes' parents are trying to get her placed under a conservatorship
- One Direction won four awards at the inaugural Social Star Awards
- ‘Zero Dark Thirty’ star Jessica Chastain found it ‘scary’ wearing Elizabeth Taylor's necklace
- Bradley Cooper is ‘grateful for’ 'The Hangover' franchise
A friend close to Mr Linley told the MailOnline that he has been inundated with offers from wealthy tourists hoping to stay at the 19th century hunting lodge since the pictures were published in early September.
The source said: "Linley has had mad offers coming in.
"Kate and William value him as a cousin and a friend and his refusals to capitalize on the publicity have been noted by the Royal Household. His currency is his silence."
Following the publication of the topless pictures, William and Catherine were left "saddened" by the "grotesque" invasion of their privacy, but the Duchess has been determined to uphold her growing public role and scheduled appearances.
French magazine Closer was heavily sanctioned for publishing paparazzi shots of the 30-year-old royal without her bikini top on.