Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Was Noel Gallagher at Bill Clinton's keynote address?
Posted on Tuesday, October 05, 2010 at 08:51 AM
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack
- One Direction are close to signing a deal for their own reality show
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother
After a local journalist obtained a coveted list of the top level invited guests to hear the former president, he noticed one particularly famous name - Noel Gallagher.
Could it happen, he wondered? Could the Oasis frontman really be on the way to the University of Ulster to hear Clinton's thoughts on the North's strained economy?
The rumor was dampened quite a bit by the noticable non-arival of the notoriously tempremental singer/songwriter. Going into damage control mode a U.S. consulate staffer made a valiant attempt to nip the non-story in the bud before it spread any further.
"I can categorically state that the Noel Gallagher invited here is not the Oasis Noel Gallagher," he told the press. "The Noel Gallager's wo name is on the list is a local businessman."
Not that Clinton needed the added glamor. In fact he may be even more famous and sought after nowadays than at any point during his presidency. A team from America's NBC is currently traveling with Clinton around the world for a film about his life post-presidency. Wherever he goes he's attended by a media scrum.
"You couldn't move for cameras," one official said refering to the far from private meeting (that was billed as a private meeting) between Clinton, First Minister Peter Robinson and Deputy First Minister Martin McGuinness before the keynote address.
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"...
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"...
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack...
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...
- The Wanted star Siva Kaneswaran has got engaged to his long-term girlfriend Nareesha McCaf...
- Susan Boyle believes her mother's ghost is with her "all the time"...