Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Usher and Shakira are set to replace Christina Aguilera and Cee Lo Green on "The Voice"
Posted on Wednesday, September 19, 2012 at 10:48 AM
- Bradley Cooper is ‘grateful for’ 'The Hangover' franchise
- George Clooney’s girlfriend Stacy Keibler wants to star in a romantic comedy
- ‘Suddenly Susan’ star Brooke Shields has overcome her fear of talk shows
- Sinead O’Connor gets kicked off dating website for her dirty talk
- Kristen Stewart is leaning on her female friends following her split from Robert Pattinson
|Usher and Shakira|
However, they will both return for season five.
Chairman of NBC Entertainment Robert Greenblatt said: “Doing two back-to-back cycles of this show requires a tremendous amount of time, and we are happy to accommodate the commitments made by Christina and Cee Lo.
"The participants on our show benefit from our coaches' expertise and their continued success in the music business allows for significant new contributions to the contestants when they return."
Original coaches Adam Levine and Blake Shelton will remain on the panel.
Christina recently complained she has no "free time" due to 'The Voice's success.
The 'Your Body' singer admitted she only took the job initially because it meant she could be close to her four-year-old son Max, and was not expecting it to be as big as it has become.
She said: "I thought, 'It'll keep me close to my son Max in Los Angeles. I don't have to travel. Then it kind of took off and there goes my free time!"