Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
U2’s Bono slips into a New York bar for an unannounced performance
Posted on Thursday, November 08, 2012 at 08:53 AM
- “Dracula” star Jonathan Rhys Meyers spotted partying in London nightclubs
- Tragic “Fast and Furious” star Paul Walker proud of his Irish roots
- Orlando Bloom is dating 'Lord of the Rings' co-star Liv Tyler
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael
|Bono sings cabaret in New York|
The Dublin music legend stayed up on stage and sang a couple of numbers with singer Jim Caruso and pianist Billy Stritch.
Caruso told the Huffington Post “Bono walked in. It was impossible not to recognize the guy – the glasses alone gave him away!”
They were seated in the corner, where they rocked, bopped, swayed and snapped. He kept giving me the thumbs-up when he'd like a tune and singing along quietly."
The musicians were performing songs from the Great American Songbook, songs that Bono knows well.
Before leaving the bar Bono joined the pair in the harmonies of “I’ve got you under my skin”, a tune he recorded with Frank Sinatra, in 1993.
Caruso said “The room was stopped cold.
"Just another miraculous Bemelmans moment! After the last note was crooned, Bono flew out the door, waving to everyone. Billy looked at me and said dryly, 'Well ... that happened!'"
Here's the audio of Bono singing "I've Got You Under My Skin" with Frank Sinatra:
Latest Gossip Stories
- U2 pays tribute to South African leader at screening of “Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom”...
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France...
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael...
- Colin Farrell thinks there’s a double standard for women when it comes to bad behavior...
- Jamie Dornan will be great in “Fifty Shades of Gray” says Charlie Hunnam...