Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
U2’s Bono slips into a New York bar for an unannounced performance
Posted on Thursday, November 08, 2012 at 08:53 AM
- Demi Lovato claims ‘X Factor’ creator Simon Cowell is very ‘humble’
- Michael Douglas' admires how exposed Matt Damon allowed himself be for 'Behind the Candelabra'
- Amanda Bynes feels like she is being ‘punked’
- Channing Tatum releases the first image of his newborn daughter Everly
- 'Man of Steel’ star Amy Adams can't let go of her Mormon values
|Bono sings cabaret in New York|
The Dublin music legend stayed up on stage and sang a couple of numbers with singer Jim Caruso and pianist Billy Stritch.
Caruso told the Huffington Post “Bono walked in. It was impossible not to recognize the guy – the glasses alone gave him away!”
They were seated in the corner, where they rocked, bopped, swayed and snapped. He kept giving me the thumbs-up when he'd like a tune and singing along quietly."
The musicians were performing songs from the Great American Songbook, songs that Bono knows well.
Before leaving the bar Bono joined the pair in the harmonies of “I’ve got you under my skin”, a tune he recorded with Frank Sinatra, in 1993.
Caruso said “The room was stopped cold.
"Just another miraculous Bemelmans moment! After the last note was crooned, Bono flew out the door, waving to everyone. Billy looked at me and said dryly, 'Well ... that happened!'"
Here's the audio of Bono singing "I've Got You Under My Skin" with Frank Sinatra: