Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
U2’s Bono slips into a New York bar for an unannounced performance
Posted on Thursday, November 08, 2012 at 08:53 AM
- Bradley Cooper is ‘grateful for’ 'The Hangover' franchise
- George Clooney’s girlfriend Stacy Keibler wants to star in a romantic comedy
- ‘Suddenly Susan’ star Brooke Shields has overcome her fear of talk shows
- Sinead O’Connor gets kicked off dating website for her dirty talk
- Kristen Stewart is leaning on her female friends following her split from Robert Pattinson
|Bono sings cabaret in New York|
The Dublin music legend stayed up on stage and sang a couple of numbers with singer Jim Caruso and pianist Billy Stritch.
Caruso told the Huffington Post “Bono walked in. It was impossible not to recognize the guy – the glasses alone gave him away!”
They were seated in the corner, where they rocked, bopped, swayed and snapped. He kept giving me the thumbs-up when he'd like a tune and singing along quietly."
The musicians were performing songs from the Great American Songbook, songs that Bono knows well.
Before leaving the bar Bono joined the pair in the harmonies of “I’ve got you under my skin”, a tune he recorded with Frank Sinatra, in 1993.
Caruso said “The room was stopped cold.
"Just another miraculous Bemelmans moment! After the last note was crooned, Bono flew out the door, waving to everyone. Billy looked at me and said dryly, 'Well ... that happened!'"
Here's the audio of Bono singing "I've Got You Under My Skin" with Frank Sinatra: