Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
U2’s Bono slips into a New York bar for an unannounced performance
Posted on Thursday, November 08, 2012 at 08:53 AM
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack
|Bono sings cabaret in New York|
The Dublin music legend stayed up on stage and sang a couple of numbers with singer Jim Caruso and pianist Billy Stritch.
Caruso told the Huffington Post “Bono walked in. It was impossible not to recognize the guy – the glasses alone gave him away!”
They were seated in the corner, where they rocked, bopped, swayed and snapped. He kept giving me the thumbs-up when he'd like a tune and singing along quietly."
The musicians were performing songs from the Great American Songbook, songs that Bono knows well.
Before leaving the bar Bono joined the pair in the harmonies of “I’ve got you under my skin”, a tune he recorded with Frank Sinatra, in 1993.
Caruso said “The room was stopped cold.
"Just another miraculous Bemelmans moment! After the last note was crooned, Bono flew out the door, waving to everyone. Billy looked at me and said dryly, 'Well ... that happened!'"
Here's the audio of Bono singing "I've Got You Under My Skin" with Frank Sinatra:
Latest Gossip Stories
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"...
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"...
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack...
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...
- The Wanted star Siva Kaneswaran has got engaged to his long-term girlfriend Nareesha McCaf...
- Susan Boyle believes her mother's ghost is with her "all the time"...