Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
U2’s Bono slips into a New York bar for an unannounced performance
Posted on Thursday, November 08, 2012 at 08:53 AM
- Demi Lovato's new tattoo reminds her of overcoming difficult things in life
- One Direction's Harry Styles wants to date royalty to improve his credibility status
- Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart have reportedly split up - again
- Suki Waterhouse pursued "Hangover 3" star Bradley Cooper
- One Direction star Harry Styles spent the night with Rod Stewart's daughter Kimberly
|Bono sings cabaret in New York|
The Dublin music legend stayed up on stage and sang a couple of numbers with singer Jim Caruso and pianist Billy Stritch.
Caruso told the Huffington Post “Bono walked in. It was impossible not to recognize the guy – the glasses alone gave him away!”
They were seated in the corner, where they rocked, bopped, swayed and snapped. He kept giving me the thumbs-up when he'd like a tune and singing along quietly."
The musicians were performing songs from the Great American Songbook, songs that Bono knows well.
Before leaving the bar Bono joined the pair in the harmonies of “I’ve got you under my skin”, a tune he recorded with Frank Sinatra, in 1993.
Caruso said “The room was stopped cold.
"Just another miraculous Bemelmans moment! After the last note was crooned, Bono flew out the door, waving to everyone. Billy looked at me and said dryly, 'Well ... that happened!'"
Here's the audio of Bono singing "I've Got You Under My Skin" with Frank Sinatra: