Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
U2’s Bono pays tribute to Queen Elizabeth’s Diamond Jubilee
Posted on Thursday, May 31, 2012 at 10:18 AM
- Demi Lovato's new tattoo reminds her of overcoming difficult things in life
- One Direction's Harry Styles wants to date royalty to improve his credibility status
- Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart have reportedly split up - again
- Suki Waterhouse pursued "Hangover 3" star Bradley Cooper
- One Direction star Harry Styles spent the night with Rod Stewart's daughter Kimberly
|U2 frontman Bono and Queen Elizabeth II (AP Photo/Carl Court, Pool)|
Britain's Queen Elizabeth is celebrating 60 years on the throne this year, and Bono was among a group of superstars that attended an arts event in London to pay tribute to her reign.
Bono praised the Queen for her trip to Ireland last year, the first time a British monarch visited the Irish Republic.
"I wanted to take this opportunity to acknowledge the extraordinary magic that you made on your trip to Ireland,” Bono told a room full of stars that also included Paul McCartney, Roger Daltrey and Annie Lennox.
"And the queen spoke Gaelic, I can't even speak Gaelic,” he added.