Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
U2’s Bono pays tribute to Queen Elizabeth’s Diamond Jubilee
Posted on Thursday, May 31, 2012 at 10:18 AM
- George Clooney isn't bothered about not being a father
- Amanda Bynes has been released from rehab
- “Dracula” star Jonathan Rhys Meyers spotted partying in London nightclubs
- Tragic “Fast and Furious” star Paul Walker proud of his Irish roots
- Orlando Bloom is dating 'Lord of the Rings' co-star Liv Tyler
|U2 frontman Bono and Queen Elizabeth II (AP Photo/Carl Court, Pool)|
Britain's Queen Elizabeth is celebrating 60 years on the throne this year, and Bono was among a group of superstars that attended an arts event in London to pay tribute to her reign.
Bono praised the Queen for her trip to Ireland last year, the first time a British monarch visited the Irish Republic.
"I wanted to take this opportunity to acknowledge the extraordinary magic that you made on your trip to Ireland,” Bono told a room full of stars that also included Paul McCartney, Roger Daltrey and Annie Lennox.
"And the queen spoke Gaelic, I can't even speak Gaelic,” he added.
Latest Gossip Stories
- George Clooney isn't bothered about not being a father...
- Amanda Bynes has been released from rehab...
- Jamie Dornan heads to Canada as filming begins on “Fifty Shades of Grey”...
- U2 pays tribute to late South African leader at screening of “Mandela: Long Walk to Freedo...
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France...
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael...