Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
U2’s Bono leaves poetry in Israel hotel room - “A Dog called Hope”
Posted on Thursday, April 26, 2012 at 10:19 AM
- George Clooney isn't bothered about not being a father
- Amanda Bynes has been released from rehab
- “Dracula” star Jonathan Rhys Meyers spotted partying in London nightclubs
- Tragic “Fast and Furious” star Paul Walker proud of his Irish roots
- Orlando Bloom is dating 'Lord of the Rings' co-star Liv Tyler
|Bono (REUTERS/Andina Agency/Handout)|
The U2 frontman, equally known for his advocacy on behalf of the African poor, sketched a picture of a dog he called Hope. He characterized Jerusalem as a place where “hope springs eternal.”
Here’s what he wrote: "Hope is like a faithful dog, sometimes she runs ahead of me to check the future, to sniff it out and then I call to her: Hope, Hope, come here, and she comes to me. I pet her, she eats out of my hand and sometimes she stays behind, near some other hope maybe to sniff out whatever was.
“Then I call her my Despair. I call out to her. Here, my little Despair, come here and she comes and snuggles up, and again I call her Hope."
He signed his letter, "With great thanks for great room in great hotel in great city, Bono."
It’s likely that Bono’s wife Ali and their two sons Elijah and John were with them too, as the bottom of the picture contained their names.
Bono’s visit to Israel was under the radar until his note came to light.
|Bono's handwritten note|
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- George Clooney isn't bothered about not being a father...
- Amanda Bynes has been released from rehab...
- Jamie Dornan heads to Canada as filming begins on “Fifty Shades of Grey”...
- U2 pays tribute to late South African leader at screening of “Mandela: Long Walk to Freedo...
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France...
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael...